Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reading Habits Tag

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?


I love to read either in my bed with lots of pillows or I will gather some blankets and head to the living room to curl up in a chair out there.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?


Bookmark!  I have a small collection of bookmarks that I use that I got for free from random places.  As soon as I pick out the next book that I plan to read, I usually have to pick out the next bookmark to use too!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?


When I was younger, I would ALWAYS have to stop at a chapter.  However, I have found that now I’m older, I have to take any free second to read, and sometimes that means right before I head to bed.  LOL.  Between two jobs and school, I have to squeeze reading into whatever time I have left, and sometimes that doesn’t always get me to the next chapter.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?


I can’t really eat while reading (mostly because I don’t want to get the book dirty), but I usually have some water next to me.  However, I usually forget about it while I’m reading.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?


Neither!  I will get too distracted!

6. One book at a time or several at once?


Again, when I was younger, I could only read one book at a time.  More recently, I have been picking up two or three at a time.  However, I am trying to get back to one book at a time … I think it is just simpler and easier that way and you can get more involved in the story instead of constantly switching!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?


I really only read at home.  I don’t have a Nook or a Kindle or any kind of e-reader (I prefer reading from a hard copy) so it’s difficult to carry a book with me to read on the go (also I don’t want it to get ruined in a bag!).

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?


Definitely reading silently in my head.  I guess I didn’t know people read out loud unless it was to someone else…

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?


No!!  Why would you be reading if you are going to skip ahead in the book?  I have read books where there is so much description where you might want to skip ahead, but I just tough it out!  Plus I never want to spoil myself!

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?


Keeping it like new!  Definitely!  I try to NEVER break the spines of books … it just seems so wrong!

11. Do you write in your books?


Only if they are books for school, like textbooks or books that we would have lengthy discussions about.  Never a book that I am reading for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment