Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hunger Games Book Tag


*THIS POST CONTAINS SPOLIERS FOR THE ENTIRE TRILOGY!*

*I am not sure of the original creator of the tag as I have seen and read so many booklovers answer these questions!



1. What is your favorite book in The Hunger Games trilogy?

My favorite book throughout the entire trilogy would probably be The Hunger Games, although Catching Fire is right up there.  I think I loved the first book of the series so much because it really surprised me.  If you read my review, then you know that I first heard the book was compared to Twilight, and it turned me off to starting this series.  However, when I did, I loved how the first book had the perfect balance between action and romance, where the love triangle took a backseat to the events in the world of Panem.


2. How long would you last in the Hunger Games?

Well, not very long … like at all.  I am so NOT an aggressive person, and I usually avoid all confrontation and any arguments or fights, which would not bode well for me.  I think my strategy would probably be similar to Katniss as I would simply just ran as far away as possible and avoid the others in the arena.  However long that tactic would hold up, that is how long I would last.

3. What's the strangest thing you thought was going to happen in the books (but didn't)?

I don’t necessarily think this is strange, but I was convinced that this was going to happen in Mockingjay.  I thought for sure near the end of the book that Katniss (after the silver parachutes dropped, killing all those children in the capital) would make her way into the building with the president, filled with anger and wanting revenge.  There would then be some really intense conversation between her and President Snow, right before she would assassinate him.  Now, in my mind, I thought the assassination would consist of a pistol.  Not sure where she would get that (but that is for Suzanne Collins to work out).  That’s what I always expected to happen.  Instead, it seemed to be a little bit of a let down when she blacked out because of the fireball that hit her and then when President Snow simply died, in a very non-dramatic way.

4. How were you introduced to The Hunger Games?

I first began hearing about The Hunger Games when the movie was beginning its production stages.  I knew that the movie was based on the trilogy that was already completely released at that time.  However, I avoided it because I was sick of love triangles (thanks to Twilight).  Then, a little while later, Jennifer Lawrence began receiving a lot of recognition for Silver Linings Playbook and doing several interviews.  I watched a few of those interviews and immediately fell in love with her!  She is so hilarious and seems very down-to-Earth!  After being introduced to her as an actress, I decided to watch The Hunger Games (and Silver Linings Playbook), but first I wanted to read the book.  I decided to only buy the first one in the series in case I didn’t like it … and now I own all three and LOVE them.  So that’s how that happened.

5. Favorite moment that happens in The Hunger Games?

I am not sure if this question is referring to the first book or the entire trilogy.  My favorite moment from the first book was probably the moment when Katniss and Peeta are in the cave together.  In the movie, I think I preferred the moment when Katniss panics as she thought that Peeta ate the poison berries, and he comforts her with a hug.  :)  As for the entire trilogy, I LOVED the epilogue!!!  I loved many parts of the entire trilogy, but as “Team Peeta,” I thought the epilogue was PERFECT.

6. Who is your favorite character?

I would probably have to say Peeta.  I do love Katniss and her strong, independent nature as well as her desire to protect all of her family, friends, and the members of her district.  However, Peeta comes across as such a sweet, kind, and caring person, who loves Katniss.  Plus, he is just so darn cute.

7. What district would you live in?

According to the map of Panem, I would live in District 8, textiles.  I don’t know if that would be my first choice, but then again, I don’t know if any of the districts would be my first choice.  LOL.  I wouldn’t want to be part of Districts 1 or 2, being so close to the controlling capital, but they do have a pretty luxurious lifestyle; however, the mining in District 12 … no thank you.


Image From Here


8. What was the most emotional moment in the books for you?

The most emotional moment for me was probably the death of Prim, Katniss’s sister.  I really didn’t see it coming, and even after it happened, I really thought somehow she would live through it (I had the same thought when Cinna was captured).  Well, I was wrong on both accounts.  However, I was pretty emotional during Finnick’s death and the birth of his son with Annie as well as Katniss’s and Peeta’s conversation towards the end of Mockingjay (“You love me.  Real or not real?”  “Real.”).  So cute!

9. What item from home would you take into the arena with you as a token?

The one item I would take from home into the arena would probably be a picture of my family.  It sits in my room on my dresser, and I absolutely love that picture of my family since everyone has really nice smiles! :)

10. What was the most evil plan someone made in the books?

Umm … dropping the silver parachute bombs on the children?  The plans for the arena specifically for capital children and Snow’s granddaughter?  Any of the arenas in general?  The mutts that chased Katniss and her crew through the sewers in the capital during Mockingjay killing Finnick?  Ya … I would say those are some pretty evil plans, with the plans to continue The Hunger Games after the death of President Snow at the top.

11. What are you looking forward to most in the film?

Well, since I’m doing this tag a little late, I have already seen the movie.  However, after I finished the first book, I think I was most looking forward to the hair, makeup, and clothing of the capital people.  Kinda silly, but I was curious as to how they would be portrayed in the movie as they were so uniquely described in the book.  As for Catching Fire, I am most looking forward to seeing the “clock/beach” arena, as it was not shown in the trailer, and I am looking forward to the escape from the arena as well.

12. Who is your favorite villain in the trilogy?

Effie!  Definitely Effie.  She is so clueless about the reality of her surroundings and wrapped up in her own little world that I found myself forgetting that she even was technically a villain. However, she seems to grow attached to Katniss and Peeta throughout the books, which makes you forget that she is part of the capital.


I tag YOU!  Leave in the comments below your answers to the above questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment