Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Book Haul

A new month, a new book haul.  Obviously by the picture, you can tell that it wasn't the nicest day out.  No natural light from the sun meaning that summer is ending.  :(  However, the next few days are suppose to be really nice weather, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet.  With that being said, these next few books that I bought are contemporary novels, which I particularly love to read during summer!






Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

So I bought this book mostly for the title and the cover.  I have heard good reviews about it, but I have also heard that it is sad, so I wasn't sure if it would be a good summer book.  However, I decided to pick it up regardless, and hopefully I'll get to it before the cold, winter weather comes.

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

As a Travel & Tourism major, I love to travel and read about travel!  This book seemed perfect for me! I have read this book already, and its a companion novel, and have posted a review already.  Overall, I felt that this book was alright but didn't meet my expectations.

Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins

So this book.  All I know about it is that it involves an Amish boy and a not Amish girl who fall in love.  Sounds interesting so I picked it up.  As I was adding it to my Goodreads To-Read list, I found out that it was a sequel!  :/  So I obviously haven't read this book until I pick up the first one.

Have you read any of these books?  What books have you picked up recently?  Have you ever bought a sequel without knowing so?  So frustrating...

No comments:

Post a Comment