Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rather Be Reading...

I cannot believe it is already halfway through October!  This is just crazy.  The whole semester (and the year!) is flying by!  My family has even started Christmas shopping!  But before Christmas, it's ... MY BIRTHDAY!  My birthday is in November, so it's still a ways away, but I think it will be here before you know it! :)



So recently I have been completely overwhelmed with school and my two jobs.  Nothing too difficult, just a lot to do.  It always feels like there are never enough hours in the day!  I have been staying up too late and waking up too early to try and get all the work done.  Needless to say, my reading time has basically disappeared altogether.  I haven't picked up The Kingmaker's Daughter in probably about two weeks!  It is driving me nuts because all I want to do is read it, especially because I have been really enjoying The White Queen on STARZ.  It is an amazing series and based off of The White Queen, The Red Queen, and The Kingmaker's Daughter.  Plus, I was really looking forward to some more Halloween-y type books to read this month, including Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea!

Anyway, I would like to say that work and school are the only things distracting me from reading and that once those slow down, then I will get back on a reading schedule.  However, if you follow me on Twitter, then you know that I have had two other major distractions: Hay Day and Breaking Bad.  So Hay Day is an iPhone/iPod game, and it is SUPER addicting!  It is literally the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night before I go to sleep.  I have even started to bring my charger to school since I play the game so much in between classes.  :/  Ya ... the addiction is that bad.  And Breaking Bad.  Need I say more?  I know that the series is over, but I finally decided to just sit down and watch it on Netflix.  And I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE!  It is just as good as everyone says that it is!!  I am currently about to start season 3 ... maybe tonight?  See how the reading gets pushed aside? (sometimes the homework too ... oops.)

I know I don't have a book review or haul or anything this Sunday, but I just wanted to update you on my lack of reading, unfortunately.  But I do hope to squeeze some more reading in soon and hopefully finish The Kingmaker's Daughter, and then I plan to start Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.

Have you been keeping up with reading if you are in school and working too?  What is your secret?! LOL!  What distractions do you find yourselves doing instead of reading your books?

No comments:

Post a Comment