Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 Book Goals

With the New Year here, I thought it appropriate to make some New Year’s Resolutions … regarding books!!


1) Read 50 books in the year 2014.

This one isn’t a major goal for me … whether I complete it or not.  However, I thought it would be fun to set a goal like this as I never have before and at least try!

2) Catch up on my TBR pile.

Reading the books that are in my To-Be Read pile is the major goal that I wish to complete (or at least come close to completing) this year.  I know that so many amazing-sounding books get released every month, but I really want to catch up on some of the books that are in my TBR pile, too, as I bought those books because they sounded amazing!

3) Buy fewer books.

This kinda ties in to the previous goal.  I want to focus on reading what I have already bought instead of ordering new books when I want something new to read.  I do have a few more book hauls coming through the first few months of the New Year, however.  Hopefully I can really focus on what I already have (or at least buy fewer books in each haul)!

4) Rid my shelves of books that I will not read again.

So I buy a lot of books (hopefully less in the New Year).  And some of those books are flops for me, personally.  I didn’t enjoy them at all or at least not enough to ever reread them.  So I want to get rid of those books that are taking up space on my shelves and make room for the books that I really do enjoy and want to reread!

5) Finish rereading and re-watching the Harry Potter series.

In 2013, I started rereading the Harry Potter series, re-watching the movies, and writing a blog post on reviews for them.  I am currently on the 5th book in the series and want to continue reading them over again!

6) Begin The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices trilogy.


Lastly, I NEED to start these 2 series!  I know that many people absolutely LOVE this series, and I would like to see what it’s all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment