Sunday, July 20, 2014

This or That Book Tag

1. Audio or Book in Hand?

Book in hand!  Or at least my kindle!  I haven’t tried an audio book so I guess I don’t want to judge, but I am definitely a visual type person, and I think it would be hard for me to concentrate on the book if I wasn’t looking at it.

2. Soft Cover or Hardback?

I don’t think I really have a preference; I like both!  I guess I would go with hardback, but I think I own more paperback books because they tend to be a cheaper option.

3. Fiction or Non-Fiction?

Definitely fiction!  I love getting immersed in a new, different world!  I love everything from contemporary fiction to historical fiction!

4. Fantasy World or Real Life Issues?

Hmmm… I think I prefer real life issues.  I do like my books to be realistic because I think it makes it more interesting to learn from, however, I do like a few fantasy books, like Harry Potter!

5. Harry Potter or Twilight?

Oh so easy!  Harry Potter all the way!  I am actually participating in the Summer of Spells read-a-thon and very much enjoying reading about Hogwarts again!

6. Kindle, iPad, or Other?

I definitely love my kindle!  If I don’t have the book in hand, then I prefer my kindle.  I do have a few reading apps on my iPhone, however, the screen makes it more difficult to read on than the kindle’s screen.

7. Borrow or Buy?

Definitely buy!  I just love buying a new book, reading it, and then displaying it on my bookshelves!  Although, it would be less expensive to borrow…

8. Bookstore or Online?

Well, I love walking around and browsing a bookstore!  However, I purchase most books on online due to the cheaper prices. 

9. Tell Me One Time or Total Trilogy?

I think I prefer a stand-alone novel; just one great story all contained between the covers of the book.  Although I do love some specific series and trilogies, there is so much more room in 3 stories for me to fall out of love with characters or get annoyed by the plot.

10. Monster Read or Short and Sweet?

I do appreciate monster reads, especially when the setting and characters develop really well throughout the story.  So I think I would lean that way.

11. Starry-Eyed Romance or Full of Action?

I think I have mentioned this before, but something in the middle.  I like a fair amount of action AND romance, but too much of either can ruin a book for me.

12. Curl Up in Your Snuggie or Bathe in the Sun?

I don’t really have a clear answer for this question.  Since I live in an area with cold, snowy winters, I love to curl up with a good book.  My summers are fairly warm, too, usually 70s or 80s.  That is when I love to sit outside with a book.  If I had it my way, I would have summer all year long though so I could read outside!

13. Hot Chocolate or Latte?

I don’t drink much beside water, but I don’t like coffee.  So I would have to choose a hot chocolate!

14. Read the Review or Decide for Yourself?

I definitely read reviews before picking up a book, especially because I prefer to buy my books and don’t want to waste my money on something I don’t think I’m going to enjoy.  I love to watch book reviews on BookTube or read reviews on Goodreads!



Let me know your answers in the comments!


4 comments:

  1. 1. Audio or Book in Hand?
    Definitely book in hand, but I do enjoy listening to audio books while I have to do boring jobs like washing windows, tractors or driving.
    2. Soft Cover or Hardback?
    I'm not entirely sure that I mind either way. Soft are typically cheaper so probably soft covers.
    3. Fiction or Non-Fiction?
    Fiction!! I have always been a fiction addict, but in recent years I have been enjoying autobiographies and true stories.
    4. Fantasy World or Real Life Issues?
    Probably fantasy. They have always been my go to book since I was a kid. I love being able to lose myself in a world that is beyond anything in this world. But like I said in the previous question; I've started to enjoy real life issue novels as well.
    5. Harry Potter or Twilight?
    HARRY POTTER!! The first time I read Harry Potter, I was 7. I didn't fully comprehend it, but Harry and his world have been such a huge influence in my life. I am 19 now and still uberly obsessed. Seriously; I buy merch, my room is covered in HP posters, I have late night discussions with my co-geeky friends and have my own FB Harry Potter fanpage- The Hogwarts Express. :)
    However, I am sad to admit that I went through the Twilight phase; but that's all it was, a fad that faded. Not like Harry at all.
    6. Kindle, iPad, or Other?
    I have actually never used any. I hear that Kindles are pretty good though, but I love the smell and feel of a book so I may never find out (unless my mum finally gets fed up with our overflowing bookshelves and buys me one).
    7. Borrow or Buy?
    I'm a buyer. I do like to borrow though, but If it's a book I really like/love, I'll be going out and buying it afterwards.
    8. Bookstore or Online?
    I mean, I adore bookstores and cannot go to a shopping centre without entering one, but due to prices, I generally will buy online (unless I want it straight away).
    9. Tell Me One Time or Total Trilogy?
    Hmm, tough one. I enjoy both! I love trilogies because I get to know the characters and world like its my own, but there is something fascinatingly simple about a stand alone book.
    10. Monster Read or Short and Sweet?
    Depends on how much I like the book. If it's something I am enjoying; definitely a monster read, but if it's something a bit plain; the quicker it ends the better.
    11. Starry-Eyed Romance or Full of Action?
    Oh dear. Neither. I'm not a fan of either by themselves, but together and with a few other elements equals parfait!
    12. Curl Up in Your Snuggie or Bathe in the Sun?
    Generally curl up inside as It's normally too hot or cold outside (I spend my summers in my home town where it is really hot, and the rest of the year in a freezing place where it actually snows, which is amazing for Australia). But on days where there is a beautiful balance; outside. I love outside and being immersed in nature. Sitting under a nice big tree with a book, nothing better!
    13. Hot Chocolate or Latte?
    I am a big water drinker; but if I had to choose; hot chocolate because coffee is Eww!
    14. Read the Review or Decide for Yourself?
    It depends I guess; on my mood and the book. If it's a totally random book then yes to reviews, but If its one that's been recommended or I've read similar ones then no, probably not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how in sync we are with many of our answers! Also, where does it snow in Australia?!?! I had no idea! I would love to visit Australia one day, but the flight times from where I live tends to make me a little nervous.. :)

      Delete
  2. Generally it only snows down south on the East side of Australia, but where I live it's not that far south, but really high in altitude. And the other day it was the first time in years, but it's never really thick, just light dustings. And oh you so should. I love my country so much, it never ceases to amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I never knew that it snowed at all there! This past winter where I live we had massive snow storms, like every day! At least it felt like that! We were covered in snow from December to April! Ridiculous!!

      Delete