Sunday, November 23, 2014

Inside & Out Book Tag

Inside & Out Tag

I Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?


I personally think there is too much info!!  A lot of times I won’t even read the summary, I will just go based on what I have heard about the cover and the genre in general!  I’m terrified of spoilers!

N New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?


I prefer hardback; however, those can be a bit expensive so if I am dying to have a book in a physical copy, I will probably get it in paperback unless I can find the hardcover at a reasonable price.  However, I got a kindle over the summer, and I am really enjoying reading on there so I am picking up a few more ebooks.

S Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)


For sure clean clean clean!!!  I absolutely would not write in a book!  I have before specifically for school, but that it the only reason.  I prefer my book to look clean and practically brand new even after reading it.

I In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.


Kinda can’t do this via a book blog … haha!

D Does it matter to you whether the author is male of female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?


I totally don’t mind if the author is male or female!  I think it is cool to read from both male and female author perspectives.  Although, typically I read female authors; this is simply because they are a large primary part of the young adult genre.

E Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? (Do confess thy sins, foul demon!) :)


Never!  I can be totally honest here and say that I never have read the last page of a book before getting there!  Again, so afraid of spoilers!

&
O Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves?


Hmmmm….. I kinda don’t have a proper bookshelf currently.  Right now, I don’t want my apartment in LA to become too cluttered, so I just have a nightstand that has a little shelf below.  So, it isn’t completely unorganized, but some books are just stored under my bed in storage.

U Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?


Oh absolutely!  Hahaha … I don’t know, I don’t think this is a terrible thing.  I mean we have all heard the saying, but I think the cover of a book might just suck you in and you might read something that you love and would have never picked up in the first place!

T Take it outside to read, or stay in?

When I was back home in the Midwest, with warm summers and cold, cold winters, I would love to read outside in the summer and snuggle under a blanket with a good book in the winter.  However, now that I am in LA, I can read outside all year!  Now, I just need to find some time to read!  LOL.




I want to hear your answers in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment