Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Grinch Book Tag

1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out: Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill.

The Hunger Games or the Divergent series:  I really enjoyed both of these trilogies, but I thought that the first book in the series was much better than the rest of the trilogy.














2. Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone: Name a book that you didn't enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away.

Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares:  I read this book last year because it was recommended as a fun Christmas read; however, I really didn’t care for this book.  You can read more about my thoughts here.



3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration: Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can't pick a villain!).

Georgetown Academy:  these books center around 4 girls, and once you get to know their stories, you know that none of them are villains; they simply create drama for each other!




4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn't real: Name a book you were spoiled for.

Harry Potter and the Order of thePhoenix: unfortunately, I was spoiled for this book.  I don’t want to give too much away in case you haven’t read it yet, but of course, it was still amazing!



5. It's freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn't connect with.

The Here and Now:  I had a hard time connecting with the main character.  Granted, she was from another time period in the future, but I just didn’t care for her too much.



6. Mariah Carey's “All I Want for Christmas is You” and it's giving you anti-romantic feelings: Name a couple you couldn't stand.

Starcrush:  I felt that this book was full of insta-love, especially with the love triangle.  I didn’t care for either of the couples that were in this novel.



7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won't get rid of: Show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren't motivated to read, but you don't have the heart to get rid of.

Entwined:  I bought this book because of a recommendation and of course the cover, but I have so many other books that I want to read, I feel like I will never make it to this one.  I just don’t know if it is my type of book, being that it is a fairytale about the 12 dancing princesses (I think – I have never heard of that story before).  But, I just can’t get rid of it!



8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths).

Any of the Harry Potter books!  No spoilers here, but throughout the 7 Harry Potter books, there are some deaths that I was not happy with.



9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long.

House of Night:  I own the first book in this series, and I want to start it because I have heard some pretty good things about it, but I think there are like 12 books in the series!  It is a little intimidating!




10. The Grinch: Name a main character you HATE (No villains again!).

Love Story:  I really did NOT care for the main character in this novel.  She was needy, and whiny, and just all-around annoying!




Let me know your answers in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment