Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Book Haul!


So literally after EVERY book order that I place (like my April Book Haul), I think that I am going to go on a “book buying ban” until I get caught up on my “To-Read” pile of books.  That is why I didn’t have May book haul.  However, I only made it through half of May before I filled up another shopping cart full of books online and clicked “place my order.”  Serious problem over here.  Book ban?!  Who am I kidding?  Anyway, here is my latest haul of books!


Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

You have probably seen that Nicholas Sparks is listed as one of my favorite authors here on “A Nook of Blankets and Books.”  However, I recently did a book review on True Believer that wasn’t the most positive.  I think I just got in a “Nicholas Sparks overload mode.”  The book seemed too predictable for me.  This book, however, put Nicholas Sparks back on my favorite authors list for sure!  And with saying that, you probably already guessed that I read this book before this book haul was posted.  As soon as I got this order delivered, I wanted to start reading this book right away (plus the movie was coming to DVD shortly!); I ended up finishing it in 2 days because I couldn’t put it down!  This book had the perfect mix of romance, action, and suspense that I will talk about in an upcoming book review (and movie review)!

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

I have heard so much about Lauren Oliver and her Delirium series.  However, I didn’t want to get into another series at the moment (but it is on my “To-Read” list and in my book jar!) so I thought I would start with one of her stand-alone novels and see if I like her writing style.  I believe this book revolves around the death of a girl who continues to relive the day she died upon waking each morning.  I’m intrigued.  :)


This book was recommended to me by Goodreads!  After reading (and loving) Bossypants by Tina Fey, I was told that this book would be right up my alley.  I don’t know much about the book or its author, The Bloggess, but I thought it would be a light, funny read for the summertime!

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

And this book is about the exact opposite of the one mentioned above, as it is neither light nor funny for summer.  However, one of my favorite booktubers mentioned this as one of her all-time favorite books.  I believe it is about the death of a girl, told through her point-of-view, and the grieving of her family.  It sounds interesting so I’m definitely excited to check this book out!


The last book in this haul is another one that I already read. :/ This was the first book I reached for and began reading out of this haul as I had just watched Argo.  In fact, this was the book that prompted the order of all the other books.  I was very interested in the topic of this book, the CIA and some of their major operations, after watching Argo and will definitely do a book/movie review soon!

Let me know if you have read any of these books and what you thought of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment