Sunday, November 3, 2013

November Book Haul

I can't believe it is already November!!  First of all, where did October go?? Second of all, where has the school year gone?? I have already finished my midterms, and thirdly, where are this year in general gone??  Christmas will be here before we know it, but first, my birthday!  Yay birthday month!  :D

Now onto the book haul!





So if you saw my last book haul, then you may have seen that I went to Barnes & Noble and decided to pick up Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins.  It look interesting, a story about an Amish boy and a girl who isn't Amish that fall in love.  So I picked it up … then I got home … and I realized that it it the sequel to Temptation.  Needless to say, I HAD to place this order of books in order to get the first one so that I can start this series! :)


I think I only need to say one word here: Titanic.  Yes, this book is about the Titanic (also can we just take a moment to look at this cover? GORGEOUS).  Aside from English history from the 1400s and 1500s (such as Philippa Gregory novels), I love the history of the Titanic.  Now this is historical fiction, but the story follows a young girl who loves fashion and her lucky break after surviving the crash of the Titanic.  I have already read this book and plan to have a review up soon!


Back in my June Book Haul, I haul a book about the Argo mission and other CIA missions that was written by Antonio Mendez.  I really enjoyed that book (review coming soon) and bought it specifically because I had just watched the movie Argo, which I really enjoyed!  So, I came across this book and thought it would be another interesting read too!


I have heard many wonderful things about this book, and it sounds like a really positive, uplifting book. about trying to bring more happiness into your life.  It sounds funny and cute, and I can't wait to check it out!


Yay more Philippa Gregory books!  This book is the third book in the Cousin's War series, which I have been loving as I just finished watching The White Queen on STARZ and finished reading another book in the same series, The Kingmaker's Daughter.  This book focuses on Jacquetta, the mother of Elizabeth Woodville, who marries King Edward. 


Yes! Another Philippa Gregory book!  I just can't help myself!  This novel is part of The Tudor Court series, which contains The Other Boleyn Girl.  This book focuses on Elizabeth I's reign, as she is the daughter of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, the main characters in The Other Boleyn Girl.


So this is my first graphic novel, and I decided to pick it up because 1) I have never read a graphic novel and thought it would be interesting to expand my horizons and 2) I absolutely love the movie!  Now, I usually prefer watching the movie before reading the book, but either way, I really enjoyed reading this graphic novel.  A review will be coming shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment